Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Here and Away

Followers

Monday, July 2, 2012

Brassai

Last post I mentioned the tremendous amount of inspiration that I got from the works of Brassai.  I am still working on a post detailing the result of my nighttime explorations and photography into one of my design projects, so this should hold you over for a while.


While I have left the inspiration for now, I am still in awe of the work of Brassai, and thought that it was nearly impossible to understand the essence of what I wanted to create with my Night project without being exposed to the very work that set it off. 

So, I present to you some of the images that I have kept for my inspiration throughout this entire process.  Be inspired!


Also, I will say that this is an absolute must-read if you are as captivated by Brassai, as I am. 

And...on one more note:  These two songs are great for setting a mood for these photographs; it comes from one of my favorite jazz trios.


1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of Brassai before, but I am in love with his photos now. They are so magical and I could stare at each one of them for hours. As much of a cliche the term 'a picture speaks a thousand words' is, I can't help but use it here. I don't know why, but I really like the third last one, even though it's just a road.

    http://fashionananthropologicalpointofview.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete